For animal rescue call
No 24 X 7: (NORTH GOA) 0832-2228772 (SOUTH GOA) 0832-2750246
GOVERNMENT OF GOA
DEPARTMENT OF FOREST
STATE MEDICINAL PLANT BOARD
INDIAN FOREST ACT, 1927
FOREST CONSERVATION ACT, 1980
THE GOA , DAMAN AND DIU FOREST RULES,1964
THE GOA DAMAN AND DIU PRESERVATION OF TREES ACT, 1984
WILD LIFE PROTECTION ACT, 1972
ENVIROMENT (PROTECTION) ACT, 1986
THE GOA , DAMAN AND DIU FOREST CODE, 1979
PUBLIC INFORMATION OFFICER
WILD ANIMAL DAMAGE
Public Notice – Dudhsagar
GOA FOREST DEPARTMENT AT A GLANCE
MANGROVES OF GOA
SMALL MAMMALS OF GOA
Medicinal Plant Booklet
21ST AIFSM GOA
FORESTS OF GOA
FOREST TYPES OF GOA
FOREST AND TREE COVER
PROGRAMMES AND SCHEMES
WILD LIFE MANAGEMENT
PROTECTED AREA NETWORK
BONDLA ZOOLOGICAL PARK
FLORA AND FAUNA
RESEARCH AND TRAINING
FOREST TRAINING SCHOOL
PEOPLE AND FORESTS
NURSERY LOCATION MAP
AVAILABILITY OF PLANTS
FORMS FOR FELLING OF TREES
PERMIT FOR SCIENTIFIC STUDY
PROTECTED AREAS ENTRY FEE
* To protect, develop and manage the forest .
* To implement policies and programmes of the State Government with regard s to protection, development and management of forest and wildlife resources of the state.
* To enforce acts, laws, rules and regulations pertaining to the protection and management of forests and wildlife.
* To take steps for the implementation of the National Forest Policy.
* To recruit, train and deploy forestry personnel in protection, development and management of forests and wildlife.
* To undertake plantations.
* To protect and improve Mangrove Ecosystem.
* To protect and conserve Marine Ecosystem.
* To promote Farm Forestry by distributing seedlings to the farmers for planting on their farmlands.
* To take extra measures for the conservation and protection of the endangered flora and fauna of the state.
* To carry out the harvesting of the silviculturally mature crops as per the prescription of the working plan.
* To carry out the commercial exploitation of Cashew and other NTFPs.
* To regulate the sawmills of the state.
* To create awareness among the people so as to achieve their fullest involvement in the protection, development and management of forests and wildlife resources of the state.